At about 9am, a big truck pulls up outside my house.
The other truck is AWOL, but the guys on this team decide to go it alone. Four guys wouldn’t fit on my staircase anyway, one of them says.
A bit after 9:30 the other team arrives. Apparently they had to go back en route to pick up an extra mattress, and didn’t get the call from the first team not to bother showing up.
So everyone pitches in and is busy screwing things in.
One piece goes in backwards at first, but they quickly get it right.
And by 10am….I have a treadmill:
I haven’t gotten a new bill yet, though, so perhaps this isn’t quite the last chapter….
[Next: The Consumerist]
- Why I Do Not Have A Treadmill (Sears Can’t Deliver)
- Monday Treadmill Update
- Tuesday Sears Update: Important Information About Your Treadmill
- On the Treadmill Treadmill
- Sears Can’t Deliver Email Either (Updated)
- In Case You Were Wondering
- Sears Treadmill Saga Notes
- Sears Feels the Power of the Press
- A Quick Dispatch from the Treadmill Front