Obama works the crowd – mentions Joe Garcia among others.
“We’ve got some work do Miami: we’ve got an election to win”
“I need your help to finish what we started. Think about where we’ve been and how far we’ve come.”
Here’s a paraphrase/ summary of the main points he talks fast) only parts in quotes are verbatim:
– ended the war in Iraq and we did
– I said we’d end the war in Afghanistan and we are.
– “Al Qaeda is on the run and Bin Laden is dead”
– talks about all his tax cuts for the middle class
– claims we got all the money we used to bailout banks and got repaid “with interest”
– we passed health care “aka Obamacare” (big! cheers)
– we repealed don’t ask don’t tell
– didn’t take Gov Romeny’s advice to let car industry go under
– businesses have added new jobs; unemployemnt is down from it’s peak to under 8%
– home values are on the rise
– “we’re not where we need to be, not yet….too many friends and neighbors looking for work…homes underwater…young people burdened with debt when they graduate from college.”
– “we’ve gone too far to turn back now … why would we go back? the last thing we can afford Florida is 4 years of the very same policies” that got us into the mess “that’s why I’m running for a second term”
– I’ve seen too much pain caused by bad economics to allow a return to it.
– Centerpiece of Romney plan is 20% tax cuts for rich americas (boos) “don’t boo, vote!” (cheers)
– tax cuts for top 1%…you wouldn’t know this from the new mitt Romney ….”extreme makeover”….after being a “severe conservative” he now wants you to think “he was extremely kidding”
– old things weren’t selling; now he’s for things he was against, eg. teachers, even some parts of Obamacare!