Obama works the crowd – mentions Joe Garcia among others.
“We’ve got some work do Miami: we’ve got an election to win”
“I need your help to finish what we started. Think about where we’ve been and how far we’ve come.”
Here’s a paraphrase/ summary of the main points he talks fast) only parts in quotes are verbatim:
- ended the war in Iraq and we did
- I said we’d end the war in Afghanistan and we are.
- “Al Qaeda is on the run and Bin Laden is dead”
- talks about all his tax cuts for the middle class
- claims we got all the money we used to bailout banks and got repaid “with interest”
- we passed health care “aka Obamacare” (big! cheers)
- we repealed don’t ask don’t tell
- didn’t take Gov Romeny’s advice to let car industry go under
- businesses have added new jobs; unemployemnt is down from it’s peak to under 8%
- home values are on the rise
- “we’re not where we need to be, not yet….too many friends and neighbors looking for work…homes underwater…young people burdened with debt when they graduate from college.”
- “we’ve gone too far to turn back now … why would we go back? the last thing we can afford Florida is 4 years of the very same policies” that got us into the mess “that’s why I’m running for a second term”
- I’ve seen too much pain caused by bad economics to allow a return to it.
- Centerpiece of Romney plan is 20% tax cuts for rich americas (boos) “don’t boo, vote!” (cheers)
- tax cuts for top 1%…you wouldn’t know this from the new mitt Romney ….”extreme makeover”….after being a “severe conservative” he now wants you to think “he was extremely kidding”
- old things weren’t selling; now he’s for things he was against, eg. teachers, even some parts of Obamacare!