By contemporary standards, this Obama TV ad is actually substantive, but it falls down a bit on the web backup. "Worried" – Obama for America TV Ad:
It also has a link to www.barackobma.com/plans where you are invited to go for more details. Although extant, they are rather scant:
- President Obama is calling on millionaires and billionaires to pay their fair share, and believes no family earning less than $250,000 should face higher taxes
- President Obama has a plan to give tax cuts to companies that bring jobs back to the U.S.
- President Obama is taking a balanced approach to cutting the deficit without sacrificing investments needed to grow the economy and create jobs
- President Obama’s plan would help grow the economy for the long term by investing in education, small businesses, clean energy, and infrastructure
- President Obama responsibly ended the war in Iraq, is bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and will use half the savings to reduce the deficit
- Mitt Romney wants to reward the wealthiest with even more tax breaks
- Mitt Romney would create new incentives for companies to ship jobs overseas
- Mitt Romney’s plan would add $5 trillion in tax cuts skewed to the rich, either increasing the deficit or requiring tax increases on the middle-class
- Mitt Romney supports a plan that would require slashing funding for investments in our future, Social Security, and Medicare
- Mitt Romney criticized the end of the Iraq war as “tragic,” and has offered no plan for Afghanistan except keeping troops there indefinitely
We could probably stand a few more details online, no?