The Green Mobility Network sent questionnaires to the candidates in the Gables election, asking their opinions on various street and transport issues. Only a few replied, but you can see their answers online.
- How can Coral Gables enhance facilities for walking and bicycling throughout the city?
- How can the city help residents and businesses get more use out of Metrorail?
- What future do you see for the Coral Gables Trolley: more service, less service, about the same, or something different entirely?
- What can the city do about walkability, bikability, and street safety around the University of Miami?
- What does the term “complete streets” mean to you?
- Do you embrace the policy articulated last spring by U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood: “Every transportation agency, including DOT, has the responsibility to improve conditions and opportunities for walking and bicycling and to integrate walking and bicycling into their transportation systems.” Please explain.
I think questionnaires like this are great, and it’s a shame that there were not more of them, with greater participation.