I’m reluctant to upgrade to Firefox 3.5 because so many of my extentions are incompatible
Enabled Extensions: 
- Adblock Plus 1.0.2 – Ads were yesterday! PASS
- Auto Copy 0.9.7 – Copies selected text to the clipboard automatically. Like Linux or mIrc. 3.1
- Better Gmail 2 0.8.1 – Enhances Gmail with a compilation of useful features written by Greasemonkey user script developers. All scripts copyright their original authors. Click on the script homepage in the Help tab for more information. 3.0
- Better GReader 0.6.1 – Enhances Google Reader with a compilation of user scripts and skins. PASS
- BetterPrivacy 1.29 – “Super-Cookie Safeguard” Unclear
- CoLT 2.4.4 – Makes it easy to copy link text and locations. Unclear
- CookieSafe 3.0.5 – Control cookie permissions. PASS
- CustomizeGoogle 0.76 – Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam. PASS
- FlashGot 18.104.22.168 – Enables single and massive (“all” and “selection”) downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (dozens currently supported, see Extension’s Home Page for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast “download all”. PASS
- Gmail Manager 0.5.7.2 – Gmail accounts management and new mail notifications. PASS
- Google Redesigned 0.3 – A complete redesign of popular Google services.PASS
- IE View Lite 1.3.4 – Cut down version of IE View by Paul Roub. PASS
- Java Console 6.0.13 Why is this still here? How do I get rid of it?
- Java Console 6.0.14 ???
- Java Quick Starter 1.0 ???
- Map This 0.3.1 – Get map for a selected address PASS
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1 – Adds ClickOnce support and the ability to report installed .NET Framework versions to the web server. No idea.
- MR Tech Toolkit 22.214.171.124 – MR Tech Toolkit power tools for all users. (en-US) PASS
- No Squint 126.96.36.199 – Manage site-specific full page and text zoom levels PASS
- Resizeable Textarea 0.1d – Resize textareas to your needs. 3.1b3
- ScrapBook 188.8.131.52 – Helps you to save Web pages and organize the collection.3.0 (Dealbreaker!)
- Searchbar Autosizer 1.4.1 – Expand the searchbox as you type 3.0
- Stealther 1.0.6 – Surf the web without leaving a trace in Firefox. 3.0
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416 – Tab browsing with an added boost. 3.1b2pre (eh?)
- Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (TACO) 1.8 – Sets permanent opt-out cookies to stop behavioral advertising by 84 different advertising networks, including Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, all members of the Network Advertising Initiative, and many other companies. PASS
- Update Notifier 0.1.5.4 – Notifies you when updates are available for your extensions and themes. 3.0
- Xmarks 3.1.0 – Bookmark Sync and Web Discovery PASS
Note: the above is for my laptop; I’m afraid there are even more on the desktop…
NoScript works in FF 3.5
Stealther is no longer necessary, because FF has its own “porn mode” which provides superior functionality.
Betterprivacy works in FF 3.5
Microsoft .NET is unnecessary, and was secretly installed by MS with a recent update of the OS
Thanks again for using TACO 🙂
Thank you. I’m still not upgrading until I get Scrapbook and TabMix Plus. Historically, TMP is slow to catch up….
Yes, that’s the reason I haven’t upgraded too. When FF warned me off….Does this mean that Firefox and the Add On people don’t work together? You would think there would be better synchronization especially as Safari is being touted as a faster browser.
I notice you are missing one vital add on, namely, Zotero. Very easy to use and a great way to capture documents and pages for later at http://www.zotero.org by George Mason University.
Clipmate does that for me. Which is why I listed it as the “dealbreaker” until they upgrade. Zotero may be better, but I’m sort of used to Clipmate.
Reduces the security of Firefox on Windows to that of a typical Windows application.
Google for more on the controversy.
Sorry, that should have been “scrapbook does that for me”; Clipmate is great too, but that’s not a browser plugin.
Tab Mix Plus does work on FF 3.5 using this: Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.7.4pre.090516 Released (from the author’s website. See notice with the text I just copied here) You can find it on the top of the page : http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/index.php (click on the notice).
I just upgraded. The only one I lost is google gears, which I never use anyway. Then again, I only had 4 installed (delicious, personas, adblock plus, and gears), and the only one I ever use is delicious.
As for the security issue, that’s why you shouldn’t be using windows.
(Also, I don’t get the appeal of zotero, it always struck me as totally klugey and counterintuitive — I just use evernote for everything.)
It permanently breaks the Google Notebook extension, since Google Notebook is no longer being developed. Guess it’s time to find an alternative; Zotero is incompatible with something else I have so maybe Scrapbook?
There is a ScrapBook Replacement which is aptly named ScrapBook+ which works for Firefox 3.5.
This is very useful info; thanks to all.
Yeah, I was reluctant to upgrade as well. Luckily my favorite plugins have finally been updated