The following applies to UM Law Students Only. Sorry about that.
I would like to hire a current 1L or 2L to be a part-time summer research assistant. If things work out, the job could be extended into next year by mutual consent.
The hours are negotiable, but likely would be in the 10-20 hours per week range. I would strongly prefer if you could start very soon after exams finish. If you wanted to, however, you could take a break at some time in the summer, ideally in mid or late July.
I'm looking for someone who can write clearly, is well-organized, and who is really good at finding things in libraries and on the Internet.
If you happen to have some web or programming skills (some or all of HTML, WordPress, MySQL, Perl, Debian), that would be a very big plus but it is not in any way a requirement.
The hourly pay is set by the university, and is not as high as you deserve, but the work is sometimes interesting.
If this sounds like it might be attractive, please e-mail me the following with the words RESEARCH ASSISTANT (in all caps) in the subject line (or, if you must, bring a dead tree copy to me in Rm. 382):
- a copy of your resume (c.v.),
- a short writing sample (non-legal is greatly preferred — in any case, please don't send your LRW memo),
- a transcript (need not be an official copy),
- a cover note telling me
- how many hours you'd ideally like to work per week,
- when you are free to start.
- your phone number and email address.