- Digby writes about a disturbing video that was ahead of its time.
- Flablog writes about two surprisingly smart appointments announced by Florida Governor-Elect Charlie Crist. I agree they’re good, especially Bob Butterworth for the cesspool at the Dept. of Children and Families. But I’m slightly more cynical than Flablog here: part of DCF’s problem is criminal mis-management by far-right wingers. But another part of it is that DCF has been starved for resources. Putting a heavyweight honest Democrat in charge may fix the first problem (if he’s given a free hand with personnel), but that appointment alone will not fix the second. And meanwhile, the appointment conveniently hangs the albatross one of Florida’s biggest problems around the Democratic party — or at least away from the GOP. Smart politics, absolutely. Potential for good outcomes — amazingly so. But far from in the bag.
- As Lifehacker notes, This one rates a high on the geek scale, but it’s still sort of interesting to learn what you get if you have an eight-page-long URI: A graphic! Got to wonder how sp*mmers will use that one…
- Read my brother’s column, The Carpetbagger Report, TalkLeft…if you don’t already.
© 2003-2023 A. Michael Froomkin. Unless otherwise stated, or copyright by others is indicated, textual content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States license. This permits non-profit reproduction so long as credit is given to the author and any resulting work is shared under the same or similar license. Links are appreciated. Library photo in header © 2008 Alex Nikada.
- On Moral Impact and Legal Practice September 21, 2023 Maris Köpcke
- Name-Dropping Government Agencies in Advertising September 20, 2023 Alexandra Roberts
- Rundle on the Rule of Law September 19, 2023 Hoi Kong
- Care Work, Gender Equality, and Abortion: Lessons from Comparative Feminist Constitutionalism September 18, 2023 Linda C. McClain
- Addressing the Harms of Bureaucratization in the Public Home Care System September 15, 2023 Medha Makhlouf
- In Search of Reason September 14, 2023 Jennifer Chacon
- eu commissioner didier reynders to visit miamilaw february 23, 2023 February 8, 2023
- a ukrainian student at miami law in her own words June 3, 2022
- canefunder for ukrainian students April 15, 2022
- george bermann on international arbitration and eu law February 25, 2022
- peter lederer August 10, 2021
- comments on carbon border tax proposals July 30, 2021