- The DLC gets tactical: if the Democrats win, it’s because of Dean’s 50-state strategy, because of insurgents like Tester in Montana, and because the electorate treated this as a parliamentary referendum on Bush. How weird to have increasingly irrelevant DLC Democrats trying to spin the victory as theirs. Joe Lieberman is not the future of the Democratic party. Being a Republican is not the future of the Democratic party. Populism — with a strong dash of social libertarianism — is much more likely to be the future of the Democratic party.
- Brad DeLong has been reading the news and it makes him shrill. You will be too.
- Politicians think we, the public, are dirty. Given that people wash their hands much less than they used to, it might even be true…
- DOD official says some Guantanamo detainees may be imprisoned for life. Not to mention that it may take that long before they get a fair trial.
- Morton Mintz: Will We Stay Forever in Iraq? The White House Won’t Say
- © 2003-2021 A. Michael Froomkin. Unless otherwise stated, or copyright by others is indicated, textual content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States license. This permits non-profit reproduction so long as credit is given to the author and any resulting work is shared under the same or similar license. Links are appreciated. Library photo in header © 2008 Alex Nikada.