The Padilla Event Monday night will be followed on Tuesday by a debate on “The Future of the Supreme Court” sponsored by People For the American Way and the Miami Chapter of the Federalist Society, in coordination with the University of Miami School of Law and the President’s Office of the University of Miami. Here are the details:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2005
LIMITED LUNCH WILL BE SERVED FREE OF CHARGE
University of Miami Law School,
1311 Miller Drive, Room 352
Welcome Speaker: Donna Shalala, President, University of Miami
- Ralph Neas, President, People For the American Way
- Edward Whelan III, President, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Karen Pearl, Interim President, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Wendy Long, Legal Counsel, Judicial Confirmation Network
- Moderator: Maria Elena Salinas, Univision
For questions and RSVPs please contact Raquel Simon at email@example.com, 850-877-0307, or Clayton Hackney at CH8640@students.law.miami.edu, 305-491-1062.
I suspect the name “Miers” may get mentioned.
And no, I’m not going to turn this blog into a local calendar, it’s just coincidence.