Since the blog seems to be under attack by a comment spammer (of the idiot-political rather than commercial variety), I will be installing anti-spam patches. I apologize in advance for any temporary instability this causes.
Meanwhile, here's version 1.01of my comments policy:
- Participants in the comments are kindly requested to be civil, and at least vaguely on-topic.
- I will delete (or disemvowel) comments that are duplicative, commercial, needlessly foul or mean or otherwise inappropriately offensive.
- My decisions are final. I'm happy to discuss them by email.
- I'll amend this policy as I gain experience.
- In the long run, it remains to be seen if comments is a workable commons or not.