The UK's Daily Telegraph reports Bush gives in to UN over cash for reconstruction. There's slightly less to this story than the headline suggests as it appears from the text that the UN will get supervision over new, non-US Iraq aid, not over US aid. Still, if there were another secret concession out there somewhere it might begin to explain how the US got all those votes in favor of Security Council Resolution 1151.
A Personal Blog
by Michael Froomkin
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
University of Miami School of Law
My Publications | e-mail
All opinions on this blog are those of the author(s) and not their employer(s) unelss otherwise specified.
Who Reads Discourse.net?
Readers describe themselves.
Please join in.
- S on A 2024 Freedom Agenda (ver. 0.1)
- C.E. Petit on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- jal on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- C.E. Petit on He’s Wrinkled, Rested, and Ready
- Michael Froomkin on Vote Castro in the April 25 Coral Gables Runoff (Can You Say that in Miami?)
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 2,772 other subscribers