And it was A Happening. The papers were strong, and the presentations if anything stronger. David Post wins for best line of the 2-day conference, and I’ll link here to his video when we have it up in a few days. (Unedited video can be found at the livestream site)
Meanwhile, however, we had some media at and around the event:
- Priska Neely, NPR, Keeping Robots in Line with the Law (download audio 4 min 6 sec)
- Joe Silver, ars technica, As human laws grapple with robots, there are no easy answers
- Kenneth Anderson, The Volokh Conspiracy (Washington Post), WeRobot2014 conference and the diffusion of robots into society
- Kenneth Anderson, Lawfare, WeRobot2014 Conference Underway at University of Miami
- Thomas Reinjes, Deutschlandfunk, Robocops können kein Auge zudrücken
- Karen Forero, We Robot 2014: Normativas sociales, políticas y morales, aplicadas a la Robótica.
- Camila Souza, Tech Cocktail-Miami, We Robot: The Uncertainty of Drones
- Kat Bein, New Times Blogs, Is Chief Justice John Roberts a Robot? We Robot 2014 Registration Now Open
I really think it was the best We Robot yet. I should recover soon.