I just got robo-polled by phone by “AI advisory“. The survey was about the Miami-Dade budget and the Mayor.
These were the questions:
- Do I approve/disapprove of Mayor Alvarez?
- What is the most important issue facing M-D county: crime, public corruption, or taxes.
- Do I support or oppose of each of the following (I’m paraphrasing):
- requiring county employees to continue paying 5% in health contributions to avoid tax increases
- increasing animal services funding by 40% without raising taxes in order to implement the recent popular initiative [I hated this question – my view is that it was underfunded – is that support or disapproval???]
- cutting fire rescue which might cause firing 149 firefighters
- the county plan to close up to 22 libraries and fire some large number of workers in order not to raise taxes [Boy is that an awful idea.]
- the planned overhaul of taxicab services, including rules on cleanliness and training [first I had heard of it]
- What is my preferred source for local info: The Miami Herald, TV, Radio, the Internet, or other?
- Demographic stuff: Male/female, age group, race, political party.
This probably is one, where a stage to assess the mayor alvarez as mayor is good and right for the community and for the good of the town that led future