As Director of Faculty Development, I act as a clearinghouse for some other faculty — especially new and visiting faculty — who are looking for research assistants for the coming academic year.
The hours are negotiable, but 10-15 hours per week are most common, with a few professors seeking as much as 20 hours per week. It would be best if you could start soon.
The salary has just been raised to $13/hour as of yesterday, and the work is sometimes interesting.
These jobs are only open to currently enrolled UM Law students. To apply please send me email with subject RESEARCH ASSISTANT. I will forward your information to interested faculty. Include the following in your application:
- Information on how to contact you;
- How many hours you would ideally like to work per week;
- When you are free to start;
- A copy of your c.v.;
- A copy of your transcript (need not be official);
- A writing sample other than anything produced in the LRW process. (A non-legal writing sample is fine if you have something fairly recent.)
I'm also looking for a research assistant of my own. I'd like someone who can write clearly, can do research, and is well-organized. If you happen to have some web or programming skills (some or all of WordPress, HTML, PHP, MySQL, Perl, Debian), that would be a plus but it is not in any way a requirement. Apply as above.
If you submit an application to me for forwarding, you should also feel free to respond to any other ads or requests from other faculty as many faculty hire their own research assistants directly.