There's more out there, but I'm traveling…
- Obama Ad, Who Advises
- Kevin Drum, Palin Without a Prompter….Part 7
- TalkLeft, Todd Palin Refuses to Comply With Subponea
- Digby, Ghosts Of Nam Redux
- TalkLeft, Why Alaskan Legislators Aren't Rallying Behind Palin
- Crooks & Liars, Barack Obama: “John McCain can’t decide whether he’s Barry Goldwater or Dennis Kucinich”
- Political Animal, 'Preemptive lying'
- Crooks & Liars, Jon Stewart rips McCain, GOP duplicity on off-shore drilling
- TPM, Palin Not Ready for Prime Time
- Political Animal, House Republican throws his support to Obama
- Greg Sargent, TPM, Did Palin's Pay As Wasilla Mayor Really Get Cut?
- Crooks & Liars, Cafferty Mocks McCain: Is privatizing Social Security really a good idea?
- Kagro X, Kos, Forget the moose. Sarah Barracuda can field dress a McCain.
- DeLong, John McCain Is Dishonest and Dishonorable
- HuffPo, McCain Camp Removed Bush Criticism From Wall Street Statement
- ABC News Blog, A WHAT Administration? A WHO Administration?
- Citizens for Ethics, “Palin's email practices as governor of Alaska are strikingly similar to the email practices of the White House”
- Spain interview story just gets worse
- Bizarre McCain Remarks Appear To Reject Spain As Ally
- NSN, Spanish Missteps: McCain's Serious Foreign Policy Gaffe
- AmericaBlog, John McCain just forget where Spain was. Seriously, not kidding.
- Political Animal, McCain Chose Vanity
- TPM, Chin-Scratching Big Think on McCain's Zapatero Gaffe
- TPM, Spain Goof Consensus Emerges
- TalkLeft, What McCain Did Wrong In The Zapatero Affair
- DeLong, John McCain Is Not Only Dishonest and Dishonorable But Also the Stupidest Man Alive—Save for His Foreign Policy Advisor Randy Scheunemann
- Crooks & Liars, Don’t Know Much ‘Bout Geography…or Foreign Policy…or Heads Of State: McCain Slights Spanish PM
- TalkLeft, Spain An Adversary? A Homage To TR And The Rough Riders?
- Political Animal, Energy Expertise
- Politico, McCain 'sidelines' the press
- ThinkProgress, Hagel On Palin: 'I Think It's A Stretch To…Say She's Got The Experience To Be President'
- Jim Macdonald, Making Light, Obeying the Law is for Wimps
- Obama, Sold Us Out
- Talkleft, Palin's Claim About Her Energy Record Gets a 4 Pinocchio Rating
- When McCain called, Palin blinked
- ABC News on McCain Financial Crisis Flip Flops
- Needlenose, Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!
- TalkLeft, Jewish Group Calls for Rescission of Palin's Invitation to Iran Protest Rally
- TalkLeft, McCain Flip-Flops on AIG Bailout
- Kevin Hayden, Polls Reflect Reality Setting In: It’s Barack
- Crooks & Liars, Campaign proxy can’t escape McCain’s responsibility for Wall St. meltdown
- David Neiwert, Firedoglake, McCain’s Latest Lie: Spanish-Only Immigration Ad Blames Obama
- Of “177 McCain staffers, advisers, and fundraisers that the DNC has identified as lobbyists, 83 of them have lobbied for investment banks, mortgage houses, and other parts of the financial services industry.”
- Kos, John McCain: Another Day, Another Lie
- Two minute commercial without glitz. Treating America like grown-ups. What a gamble — Obama, Plan for Change
[there were 5(!) more days here, but something seems to have eaten them — I fear I have lost the data unless it's lurking in some cache on my home computer]
Update (11/21): To see the full text, with the missing parts restored, please go to Friday McCain/McSame Bashing (Repaired)
Don’t let the door hit you in your backend on your way out
Wow, just wow.
OBAMA = BETRAYAL
Obama supporters are foolish to think that he will never betray them.
Obama was a close friend of Pastor Wright for TWENTY YEARS.
Obama threw Wright under the bus for personal ambition.
McCain would not betray his country even after 5 years of torture.
You can put lipstick on a traitor, but he’s still a traitor.
Howard, don’t be stupid. The campaigns are just long commercials. It simply won’t do to have Obama have ongoing ties to a man who says something so ready for an attack ad. Sort of like it won’t really do for John McCain to be seen as having ties to the Republican party. Consider that if I were running for president, I’d want to put a certain distance between myself and you; nothing personal, it’s just that a perceived blog relationship with a foaming-at-the-mouth type such as yourself just wouldn’t be good for my cred with those liberal elites. The kind of folks that are so out of touch with reality that they hesitate to make neat summations of people by applying the “=” symbol, rounding out their reasoning with folksy non sequiturs.
Back to the idea of distancing. John McCain does it too (see Bush or his own adopted daughter, for instance). It’s only rational. Obama and McCain are brands that must be sold to the widest audience. The merits of what Reverand Wright said are debatable, but “Goddamn America” plays about as well as New Coke. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth no matter how good or true it really is. It’s not betryal, it’s politics and there’s two playing the game, so stop being dramatic.
Thanks GCF, although I would nitpick and say what we wrote *is* out of context 😉
Nice post kc, good blend of snark and rationality. You liberal latte-sipping elite you.
FYI my comment and LACJ’s comment of “Don’t let the door hit you in your backend on your way out” are not directed at Michael, someone spammed a whole heap of garbage and now it’s been removed so what we said may look out of context.