These are only the highlights of the past week's bounty:
- McCain Google Bomber
- Should John McCain Be Investigated In Light Of Scott McLellan's Revelations?
- McCain happy to echo WH propaganda on Iraq
- McCain Campaign Responds To Senator’s Inaccurate Iraq Statements:20,000 troops are a 'verb tense’.
Bonus: Jack Cafferty On Verb Tense (wait for it):
- McCain admits it was inappropriate to fundraise using Petraeus picture.
- Jon Stewart Calls Out McCain for Hypocrisy on Supporting Veterans
- McCain's Katrina Record Undermines Criticism Of Obama On Iraq
- McCain continues to shift with the wind
- McSame: John McCain Offers Bush “Different Kind Of Republican” Pitch
- PageOneQ | Human Rights Campaign issues scathing report on John McCain
- McCain&Iraq: No One Has Supported Bush More
- McCain's Past Infidelities, Ongoing Sanctimony Haunt Him In Town Hall Meeting
- Talking Points Memo | TPMtv: McCain Leaves Fox Speechless
- McCain’s More of the Same
- Senate Intelligence Report Undermines McCain’s Claims That ‘Every Assessment’ Justified War In Iraq
- HurricaneMcCain.com explains how McCain is dissing Florida
I can't keep up with this.
There are plenty of places to criticize McCain (or Obama), but calling him 100% Recycled Bush, or Bush’s 3rd Term, rings hollow to me. McCain has been in the Senate long enough to carve out his own record, and it differs from the Bush agenda in material ways. As someone who considers his vote in play, the Democratic set of talking points needs to expand beyond “Do you want more George Bush?”
Bret’s right. The composition is more like this…