Last night I had the good fortune to attend a Miami bloggers' holiday party at the Tuscan Steakhouse, hosted by the urbane and charming Gus Moore of Miamibeach411.com.
Miami has a diverse and vibrant local blogging scene of which, given my more varied interests, I am only a vestigial part, so I appreciate very much being included along with local giants such as Miamibeach411.com (now a very numerous gang indeed) and Stuck on the Palmetto, which turns out to be a written by some smart adverting guys in their spare time, and not by moonlighting frustrated city planners as one might have imagined.
Other blogs represented included:
* Sex and the Beach
* Miami Rhapsody
* All Purpose Dark
* Dan Renzi (he's apparently famous for something)
* Fanless (warning: will hurt your eyes)
* Miami Condo Investments (two guys, suprisingly upbeat)
* Miami Vision Blogorama
* A Mom, A Blog and the Life In-Between (the same person also does a Coral Gables Blog and another I didn't catch).
* South Beach Real Estate Blog
* Burnett's Urban Etiquette
* Miami Fever's Photos (a flicker stream)
* Restaurant Gal
No sign of Greener Miami though.
I am not good at circulating at crowded parties, and as a result I didn't get to talk to several people there whose blogs I read and who I would have liked to meet. I'll try to do better next time.
The group seemed more beach than suburban, and had a surprisingly large number of very recent transplants to Miami. And the food was good!
But it was a bit of a shock to be told by one local blogger about the secret plan to replace the dollar with the Amero. Who knew?
I had fun and look forward to the next one.