Did you know that E-Mail is for Old People?
A Personal Blog
by Michael Froomkin
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
University of Miami School of Law
My Publications | e-mail
All opinions on this blog are those of the author(s) and not their employer(s) unelss otherwise specified.
Who Reads Discourse.net?
Readers describe themselves.
Please join in.
- S on A 2024 Freedom Agenda (ver. 0.1)
- C.E. Petit on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- jal on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- C.E. Petit on He’s Wrinkled, Rested, and Ready
- Michael Froomkin on Vote Castro in the April 25 Coral Gables Runoff (Can You Say that in Miami?)
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 2,772 other subscribers
What happens when MySpace declares bankruptcy and ceases to exist? Or, more likely, what happens when MySpace is purchased by a CIA front company that has bad intentions?
I hate stupid people like this. Students tell them that they don’t like to use the school’s e-mail system because it’s too cumbersome, duplicates the e-mail accounts they already have and they get too much spam from the college. Rather than addressing any of these problems they decide the answer is to put something “lively” on MySpace since nearly a quarter of the students use it and start sending mass IMs saying things like, “OMG! ICE CREAM SOCIAL L8R. TTFN.” What a shock that Mixum thinks they need to recognise school spirit.