Mike Allen is a journalist rich in education and experience:
- Served a Time magazine's White House correspondent
- Six years at The Washington Post, where he covered President Bush's first term, Capitol Hill, campaign finance, and the Bush, Gore and Bradley campaigns of 2000.
- Stints at the Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch, The Free Lance-Star (VA)
- Richmond and Alexandria bureaus of The Washington Post.
- Covered parts of Connecticut for The New York Times.
- B.A. from Washington and Lee University, where he majored in politics and journalism.
He has a c.v. as good or better than most in the business.
So how have we come to a place where a guy with this much experience can do something as stupid and evil — or is it just lazy and ignorant? — as this?
Update: Could it be petty, personal pique?