Quickies. Because I’m distracted.
- The most important post of the day. I will write about this if I can find the time/energy, but go read it.
- Officer Friendly (not)
- Outrage fatigue (On discovering that people in government who tell the truth get forced out of their jobs: “It’s like reading that, once again, the freeways are crowded this morning.”)
- Our Air Force isn’t only a home to religious intolerance verging on bigotry, it’s headed by four-star suspects
- One thing that has surprised me about Wesley Clark is how poor his online presence is. I’d have thought he’d be making a bigger bid for the online activists. Now it begins: he’s speaking to Daily Kos convention. I hope they chide him about his web site.
- Establishment Democrats support Leiberman. despite his routine practice of putting a knife into the party’s rigbs. Real Democrats don’t.
- Republicans understand about party discipline: there will be strong right-wing primary opposition for an only somewhat conservative Republican Fl. state senator who recently voted his conscience (and his district) scuttling Jeb Bush’s latest attempt to undo the Florida constitution’s class-size amendment. That amendment, which Jeb hates and has plotted to undermine for years, caps the sizes of public school classes (and thus creates a need to actually pay for schools!). And polls show voters (but not Republican primary voters, maybe?) love it.
- Ranking Law Reviews is a high-quality effort, but is the game worth the candle when everything is online and searchable?