Is there any hope at all that these poll results will constitute a spine graft for Senate Democrats?
A Personal Blog
by Michael Froomkin
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
University of Miami School of Law
My Publications | e-mail
All opinions on this blog are those of the author(s) and not their employer(s) unelss otherwise specified.
Who Reads Discourse.net?
Readers describe themselves.
Please join in.
- Ana Branner on Thoughts on the Coral Gables Commission Election April 11, 2023
- David on Draft of Virtual Law School, 2.0 Now at SSRN
- Dan Riley on Attention Law Review Editors
- Dan Riley on 250 Miles North of Here
- C.E. Petit on 250 Miles North of Here
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 2,781 other subscribers
29% of Republicans? That number honestly makes my jaw drop. Not too long ago that number would have been something like 3%.
Look at the error note at the bottom. +/- 3 percent 95 percent of the time. Pretty funny. Not that I am saying this is one of those times, but I wonder if something goes terribly wrong the other 5 percent. I picture a room with scientists in lab coats, a red light goes on, warning sirens scream, and the computer crunching the number is seen melting.
That’s a plain English description of what it means to have a 95% confidence interval, which is standard for national polls.
Yet the media keeps talking about the lack of support. Obviously an attempt at creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.
The Senator was excellent on Charlie Rose last night. He is one of the few Democrats that has learned to communicate clearly and is an interesting juxtaposition to Biden.