My colleague Ricardo J. Bascuas is quoted by Adam Liptak in tomorrow’s NYT story New Scrutiny for Law on Detaining Witnesses . Rick is an expert in this area, and the article is a good introduction to the abuses of the material witness statute.
© 2003-2022 A. Michael Froomkin. Unless otherwise stated, or copyright by others is indicated, textual content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States license. This permits non-profit reproduction so long as credit is given to the author and any resulting work is shared under the same or similar license. Links are appreciated. Library photo in header © 2008 Alex Nikada.
- Punching up on the Tort of Negligence November 25, 2022 Ronen Avraham
- What Do We Know About the US Corporate Income Tax? November 24, 2022 Charlotte Crane
- Who Controls the Sidewalks? November 23, 2022 Sarah Schindler
- Cutting Into the Texas Two-Step November 22, 2022 Sergio J. Campos
- Expanding the Remedial Toolbox: A Legal Analogue to Preliminary Injunctions November 21, 2022 Marco Jimenez
- A New Realist Perspective on How to Make Law School Better November 18, 2022 Scott Cummings
- a ukrainian student at miami law in her own words June 3, 2022
- canefunder for ukrainian students April 15, 2022
- george bermann on international arbitration and eu law February 25, 2022
- peter lederer August 10, 2021
- comments on carbon border tax proposals July 30, 2021
- international arbitration in the us and the americas: webinar next week April 16, 2021