Brad DeLong is asking people what questions Tim Russert should ask GW Bush. And he's primed the pump with a few zingers of his own. My reactions in order:
- This is exactly how to harness that famous “power of the Internet”
- In Britain, they actually do ask Ministers questions like this on Radio 4 and on Newsnight
- Anyone who asked a President questions like that in this country would be pilloried as “disrespectful”.
- So it won't work. Even if a journalist had the guts, the shill media would turn on him.
- This is so very, very sad….
- Oh, hell, can't hurt to try. If nothing else we can compare the actual to the hypothetical and maybe some day…