All hail the Public Library of Science Biology the free, elitist (in the nicest possible way), peer-reviewed, open-access journal whose inaugural issue appears today. This is the future for journal publishing, especially as even libraries are being priced out of the market for journals, especially scientific ones. All materials in this web-published attack on high-priced dead tree scientific publishing will be subject to the PLoS Open-Access License which happens to be identical to the Creative Commons Attribution License
A Personal Blog
by Michael Froomkin
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
University of Miami School of Law
My Publications | e-mail
All opinions on this blog are those of the author(s) and not their employer(s) unelss otherwise specified.
Who Reads Discourse.net?
Readers describe themselves.
Please join in.
- S on A 2024 Freedom Agenda (ver. 0.1)
- C.E. Petit on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- jal on Does Tripit Think I’m on a Watch List or Financial Sanctions List?
- C.E. Petit on He’s Wrinkled, Rested, and Ready
- Michael Froomkin on Vote Castro in the April 25 Coral Gables Runoff (Can You Say that in Miami?)
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 2,772 other subscribers
Pingback: OUTSIDE THE BELTWAY