This was my strangest polling experience yet. First, the call was to my office rather than to my home. I don’t think I’ve ever been called with a poll at work before.
Then there was how it went (this is a very close paraphrase, probably not verbatim):
- Hello, says the nice voice, I am calling from Harris Interactive and was wondering if you could answer some questions about China and its relation to the US.
– How long will this take? I ask nervously, looking at the pile of exams.
– It could take as long as 15-20 minutes depending on your answers, says the voice.
– Oh, OK, I say, thinking the exams will have to wait. China is important. Too much giving in to scary mercantilism out there.
– To begin, what is your job title?
– Let me look that one up … wait a minute… well, that’s all the questions we have for you today, thank you very much.
How about that?