Overkill? There's so much to bash, but we don't want a sympathy vote here….
- Obama Ad, It Gets Worse
- Political Animal, Letterman confronts McCain on Liddy
- See the McCain-Letterman Video, Part 1
- McCain-Letterman Video, Part 2
- Washington Post endorses Obama
- ThinkProgress, Confirmed: McCain To Appear With Virginia GOP Chairman Who Compared Obama To Osama Bin Laden
- Florida News: TMC, Attack ads backfire against McCain, poll shows
- Obama Ad, 90 Percent
- Kos, Palin's Trooper Complaints Grow Still Crazier
- Debate Reax
- Obama Campaign, John McCain's 26 lies in the debate
- Political Animal, It depends on what you mean by 'focused'
- McCain's bizarre town-hall excuse
- Democracy Corps, Decisive debate win reinforces momentum for Obama
- Amy Sullivan, Swampland, TIME, Undecideds Laughing At, Not With, McCain
- Neil Buchanan, Concurring Opinions, Debate as Debate, the Final Cut: What Now, My Friends?
- Oxdown, Firedoglake, McCain Repeats Debunked 'Born Alive' Attacks in Debate
- Jake Tapper, ABC News, Joe the Plumber Eligible for Obama Tax Cut?
- Joe Klein, Senator Government V. Joe the Plumber
- Digby, No Guts No Glory
- Obama, Barney Smith Ad
- James V. Grimaldi, WashPo, Exclusive: Verizon and AT&T Provided Cell Towers for McCain Ranch
- Karen Tumulty, Swampland: ATTN: Customer Service
- WashPo followup story on Thursday: Permit for McCain Cell Tower Still Active
- Joshua Green, The Atlantic, Did Verizon give John McCain special treatment? This Story Doesn't Cell
- Daniel Cox and Robert P. Jones, Dispatches from the Beltway: God-Gap Flip-Flop
- WSJ Blog, The Branchflower Report: Hints of a Larger Crime Problem in Alaska
- TalkLeft, Why Senior Voters Should Vote Against McCain
- AFL-CIO NOW Blog, McCain & Co.: U.S. Health Care Is Broken. Let’s Make It Worse
- Get Energy Smart! Now!!!, Obama fact sheet too generous to McCain re renewable energy
- David Neiwert, CNN, Sarah Palin, and the LA Times: Giving the far right a pass
- Political Animal, McCain campaign confused about payroll taxes
- This is amazing — Ben Smith, Politico, Voting for Obama anyway
- Palin for President is fun.
- Via Smashed Frog, VoteForOurFuture, Dear John
- ThinkProgress, Palin: ‘No Abuse Of Power There At All’ In Troopergate Report (Did she read it?)
- Political Animal, Palin's delusions worsen
- Talk to Action, Palin Put Religious War Advocate On Alaska Suicide Prevention Council
- The Buzz, GOP frets about McCain in Fla
- Michael Cooper & Megan Thee, Poll Says McCain Hurts His Bid by Using Attacks
- Political Animal, McCain tries to re-reboot
- David Neiwert, Why does Sarah Palin have such strained relations with minorities?
- Fred Clark, Slacktivist, Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again
- Ronald Reagan explains why you should vote for Obama
- Kos, RNC abandoning McCain, looking to bail out Senators
- Kevin Drum, Troopergate II: The Reckoning
- ThinkProgress, McCain's Plan To 'Avoid An Exodus Of Capital' Encourages An Exodus Of Capital
- HuffPo, Bush Strategist: McCain Knows He Put Country At Risk With Palin Pick
- HealthCareForAmerica's focus groups' reaction to McCain's health plan: Unbelievable
- UK Daily Telegraph, Sarah Palin could have been invented by Monty Python, says John Cleese (“John Cleese has accused Sarah Palin of being a 'nice-looking parrot' and said that he and the Monty Python team could have invented her. … 'I used to think Michael Palin was the funniest Palin on Earth.'”)
- Kos, Anatomy of Erraticism
- David Neiwert, Crooks & Liars, McCain, the GOP base, and race: Succumbing to the Dark Side
- The Buzz, Florida doctors seek more on McCain's health
- Cooks & Liars, Kristol rips McCain campaign: “it's pathetic” Pfotenhauer says: 'He has bought into the Obama campaign’s party line'.
- David Neiwert, What Palin's '90s dalliances tell us now
- Kos, Some Unanswered Troopergate Questions
- Christopher Hitchens, Vote for Obama. McCain lacks the character and temperament to be president. And Palin is simply a disgrace.
- Progressive Accountability, McCain same as Hoover same as Bush
- The Hill, Conservatives: McCain alienating base on economy
- Brian Camp, A Brief Analysis of Governor Palin's Tax Returns for 2006 and 2007
- Political Animal
- Fred Grimm, Miami Herald, For Fox News, local nut case a good source
- TPM gets snarky, Which Crash is Steeper? Global Finance or John McCain?
- Barry Sussman, Nieman Watchdog, Anybody read the L.A. Times? Rolling Stone?
Assertions have been made against John McCain that, if true, could persuade many people that he is unqualified to be president. The charges go to his judgment, character and honesty. They deal with his time in the military before, during and after the 5-1/2 years he was a prisoner in Vietnam.
The charges have not been sufficiently aired in the press. Indeed, they have been mentioned so rarely that most Americans aren’t aware of them. In fact, instead of airing the charges, one could well conclude that the press has been withholding them—hiding them. Almost all the leading news organizations, instead of reporting or following up on stories which by themselves could swing the election, are running away from them.
- ABC News, Palin Makes Troopergate Assertions that Are Flatly False
- Juan Cole, Balloon Juice, Even By Today’s Diminished Standards
- TIME, What the Troopergate Report Really Says
- Crooks & Liars, McCain's Supposed Adviser John Lewis Calls Him Out
- Kos, Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition: Sarah Palin's Extremist Ties
- Down With Tyranny, McCain Having Buyer's Remorse Over Palin Already?
- citing the not-utterly-reliable Times of London's McCain tussles with Palin over whipping up a mob mentality
- Organized hate
- Huff Po, McCain Chief Uses POW Card To Defend Rally Rhetoric
- Raising Kaine, Jeff Frederick Compares Barack Obama to Osama Bin Laden
- Jeffrey Feldman, Frameshop: McCain Volunteers Taught to Accuse Obama of Terrorism
- Political Animal
- Frank Rich, NYT Op-ed, The Terrorist Barack Hussein Obama
- Kos, This Has To Stop
- Hilzoy, Obsidian Wings, The Palin Report
- Crooks & Liars, Sarah Palin's Email: A Crime Used To Expose A Crime?
- DeLong, John McCain: Desperate, Despicable, Dishonest, Dishonorable, and without the Character We Need in a President – Steven Waldman
- Washington Monthly, McCain-Palin First Ticket in U.S. History With Both Candidates Cited for Abuse of Power
- TalkLeft, McCain Campaign Attacks Obama For Speaking Out Against Anger and Division
- Political Animal,
- Crooks & Liars, McCain's Lobbyists — And His Judgment
- Obama Knew It Was Coming All Along
- TPM, Weird. Sad. Surreal
- He says it has to be the headline: Christopher Buckley, William F. Buckley’s Son Says He Is Pro-Obama.
- Which gets him fired: Christopher Buckley, Buckley Bows Out of National Review
- TPM, George Wallace McCain
- Boingboing, Panel finds Palin abused power; Judge orders email from her private accounts be preserved
- Crooks & Liars, McCain booed by rabid supporters for defending Obama as a “decent person”
- Talkleft, Newseek: Palin May Cost McCain a Win in Florida
- YouTube – Who is John McCain?
- TPM, McCain Campaign Now Attacks Michelle Obama Over Ayers
- HuffPo, 'Economists For McCain' Trash McCain's New Mortgage Plan
- Va. Doctors Urge McCain to Release Medical Records
- Salon, Meet Sarah Palin’s radical right-wing pals
- AFL-CIO NOW Blog, McCain Would Slash Medicare