- Obama campaign, Real Change
- Obama campaign, Still 
- TalkLeft, John McCain's Record on Drugs
- Political Animal, Rape Exams
- WashPo, Palin Links Iraq to Sept. 11 In Talk to Troops in Alaska — even GWB doesn't do that any more
- National Enquirer (!), PALIN FAMILY SHOCKERS: WHAT SARAH'S REALLY HIDING!
Also, PALIN WAR: TEEN PREGO CRISIS
[Note: Why it's ok to link to the National Enquirer]
- Eric Muller, Is That Legal?, explains his Five Stages of Palin:
2. Perverse joy.
5. Abject terror.
I'll be stuck at stage 5 from now until Election Day.
- The 'Moose in the Headlights' Moment
- Juan Cole, Informed Comment, Palin on World Affairs: Just not Ready for Prime Time
- Kos, Moose In The Headlights
- Political Animal, Palin vs Gibson, Round 1
- Atrios, Sympathy For Palin
- W. David Stephenson on homeland security, Can we afford to have such an unprepared person as Veep?
- HuffPo, Palin's ABC Interview: Stumped On Bush Doctrine, Seems To Contradict McCain On Pakistan
- TPM, Painful & Sarah Palin On Bush Doctrine: Homina, Homina, Homina
- ThinkProgress, Palin Stumped On The Bush Doctine, Believes It Is The President's 'Worldview'
- Political Animal, Palin And The Bush Doctrine
- OliverWillis, Sarah Palin Fails The Bush Doctrine Test
- Firedoglake, Sarah Palin's Embarrassing Interview and What It Says About McCain
- Annotated version of the video, John McCain Explains The Bush Doctrine To Sarah Palin
- Why won't McCain face the press? Maybe he's feeling shy. Also, TalkLeft, McCain Afraid Of Olbermann?
- TPM, Ask Her About the Rape Kits
- Kevin Drum, Healthcare, McCain Style
- Picture This: John McCain Visits Criminal's Yacht — the day after he pleads guilty to multimillion-dollar fraud. But it's such a nice yacht….
- Get Energy Smart! NOW!!!,
- Mark Adams, The American Street, Sarah The Impaler — She’s Nuts
- TPM says they are so bad, Like I Said, Four More Years of Bush Would Be Vastly Preferable
- Tapped, McCain: Do Americans Really Want To Work?
- AFL-CIO NOW Blog, Social Security: Obama Would Strengthen It, McCain Would Put Retirement at Risk
- Political Animal, Palin and rape-kit charges (yes, it's every bit as bad as it sounds)
- But, hey, it's OK, McCain has the same disgusting opinion, see Jed Report McCain Voted Against Biden Law Requiring Free Rape Exams
- Needlenose, Dispelling the Palin glamour
- Jim Carlton, Wall St. J, Ethics Adviser Warned Palin About Trooper Issue: Letter Described Situation as 'Grave,' Called for Apology. Links to more about this story, including related stories at Political Animal, Palin's 'grave' trooper scandal
- Watch this interview of John McCain — he can't handle hard questions. And he says Palin's national security credential is that she “knows more about energy than probably anyone else” in the entire USA.
[Update: I've removed the embedded video. You'll have to click the link to see the video because the automatic starting was driving me crazy.]
- More about just how breathtakingly silly McCain was in the above from Emptywheel at Firedoglake, McCain Makes the Case that Energy State Governors Are Great on National Security
- And still more: Josh Nelson, McCain Thinks Palin Knows More About Energy Than Anyone Else in the United States
- And yet again: Political Animal, McCain still struggling with the basics
- Joe Klein, McCain's Health Care Tax Increase
- Political Animal
- TalkLeft, McCain Goes Dirty
- Kevin Hayden, What McCain can’t hide
- He loves invasions: ThinkProgress, On Morning Of 9/11 Attacks, McCain Immediately Began Making The Case For Iraq War
- ProgressiveAccountability.org, ProgressiveAccountability.org » John McCain by the Numbers
- Matt Stoller, OpenLeft, Did McCain Tamper with the Drug Enforcement Agency to Protect His Career?. Also, see the video,
- ThinkProgress, McCain 'Truth Squad' Surrogate: McCain Supports Equal Pay For Women In 'Concept' Only
- Eschaton, John McCain Has Super Powers
- Reuters describes failed McCain rally – his first without Palin
- AFL-CIO Now Blog, Palin: What Do We Know About Her?
- Political Animal, Thinking like a Republican
- Various writers at Kos,
- FactCheck Checks McCain FactCheck Facts: McCain “Facts” Not Factual
- Yet More Creeping Cheneyism
- Palin to Law: Drop Dead
- Miss (Non) Congeniality (“Only 35% of moderates view her favorably. In other words, among this key block of voters, Pinocchio Palin is doing about as well as President Bush. For comparison purposes, Joe Biden is viewed favorably by 70% of moderates.”)
- McCain/Palin '08: The Lie Is The Plan
- John McCain is a Liar
- McCain Once Blamed Palin's Bridge for the MN Collapse
- McCain/Palin: Putting Japan First
- Lessig dissects McCain's (lack of) leadership on tech policy — while heading the relevant Senate committee:
- Kevin Hayden, The Misery Indexes Haunt McSame (and predict his defeat)
- TMP, Lying Sarah Watch & Lying Sarah Watch
- Do all McCain's people lie? Crooks & Liars, DNC’s Chief Researcher: We Sent “Zero” Oppo-Guys To Alaska — McCain ad says they sent 30…including (gasp!) lawyers.
- Steve Clemmons, The Washington NOte, Lincoln Chafee Refers to Sarah Palin as a “Cocky Whacko”
- Informed Comment, Eyewitnesses: Palin Asked Repeatedly about Removing Books: Eyewitness: “No Way it was Rhetorical.”
- McCain Means The Draft
- Spot the pig: Joe Klein, Apology Not Accepted
- An oldie but goodie:
John McCain vs. John McCain
- TalkLeft, Newsweek: Palin Warned By Court To Stop DisparagingTrooper
- Kos, Grand Old Perverts
- Political Animal, OMG The Cub Scouts!
- DeLong, John McCain Lies All the Time, About Everything
- Political Animal, The Colbert strategy
- TPM, Lying Sarah Watch
- Next shoe drops on the Palin per diem story: it's taxable income. So says U.Pitt Law Prof Tony Infanti, in Taxing Sarah Palin’s Per Diem. Did Palin declare this income on her federal and state tax returns? Will she release her tax returns? Cf. Jack Bog's Blog, Governor Palin, your tax return, please.
- Jonah Gelbach, Prawsblog, Palin's Tax Record: Offsides? Icing? High Sticking?
- Fred Clark, Slacktivist, Gov. Palin and the Fib from Outer Space
- Over at ABC's blog, Pigs Are Flying
- Emptywheel, Sarah Palin's Failure as Commander-in-Chief of the Alaska National Guard
- Obama campaign statement on Governor Palin's repeating the debunked “Bridge to Nowhere” claim today
- This smells like an abuse of power: Brandon Friedman, VetVoice, Alaska National Guard General Changes Story; Palin [Suddenly] Promotes [Him]
- E. J. Dionne Jr., WashPo, Pulling the Curtain on Palin
- Fafblog, Sarah Palin Sarah Palin Sarah Palin!
- James V. Grimaldi & Karl Vick, WashPo, Palin Billed State for Nights Spent at Home; Taxpayers Also Funded Family's Travel. Great quote from former Gov. Tony Knowles: “clearly, it is and it looks like a scam — you pay yourself to live at home.”
- John Aravosis, AmericaBlog,Wasilla charged rape victims for their own forensic exams under Mayor Sarah Palin?
- Political Animal, Losing the pundits, one by one
- TPM, Unfit for High Office
- Political Animal, Pure sleaze
- ThinkProgress, Lies To Nowhere: The McCain Campaign’s Inaccuracies On Palin’s Bridge To Nowhere Support — even has a counter
- Crooks & Liars, History of the Hot tempered John McCain
- War and Piece: quotes Hillary Clinton in Florida today: “Asking the Republicans to clean up the mess they made is like asking the iceburg to save the Titanic.”
- Obama, “No Maverick” Ad
- My Cat Wears Clothers, Sarah Palin hates cats: out of Palin's 6 best friends only one of them will commit to voting for her.
- HuffPo, Sarah Palin: A Trojan Moose Concealing Four More Years of George Bush
- DeLong, 23 Reasons to Think John McCain Has Bad Judgment
- Sarah Palin: Maverick to Nowhere
- Political Animal, Obama questions GOP 'change'
- CQ Politics, Palin Less Upset by Alaska's Other 'Bridge to Nowhere'
- HuffPo, Palin Makes Her First Gaffe; also Kevin Drum, Gaffe Watch
- McCain on the Border (en espanol)
Al Punto on Univision: But, talking about secure borders,
John McCain: Sure
Al Punto: You voted for the construction of the wall between Mexico and the United States. However, the Mexican Government has just confirmed that every year, at least half a million Mexicans come to the United States. How exactly are you planning to secure that border? Every single minute there is an immigrant coming into the United States illegally.
McCain: I didn't vote for, quote, I am not sure what you are talking about, but we can secure,
Al Punto: About 700 miles
McCain: I say we can secure our borders with walls and/or fences in urban areas, and then virtual fences, vehicle barriers
Al Punto: But you did vote for the wall
McCain: I didn't vote for an, I don't know what you are exactly what you are referring to. What my plan was…
Al Punto: In the Senate, you voted…
- MoJo Blog, Sarah Palin's Secret Emails
- Sebastian Mallaby, WashPo, McCain's Convenient Untruth
- South of the Suwannee, The Dilemma
- TalkLeft, Alaskans Assess Palin's Leadership and Follow-Through
- TalkLeft, McCain Afraid Of Olbermann?
- Crooks & Liars, Face The Nation: McCain Defends GOP Lack of Diversity By Ignoring the Question
- They're not just avoiding the press, it seems McCain & Palin won't answer questions from members of the public.
- This e-mail is so viral, my dad sent it to me: From a Housewife Hated by Sarah Palin for Defending the Librarian. And according to NPR, it's real.
- Incredible Sarah Palin's Pregnancy Decision Tree (too big to fit here), via Eye on Miami, Sarah Palin: Decision Chart: After the Water Broke. By Geniusofdespair
- Minette Marrin, The Times (London)This cynical choice has left McCain’s honour in shreds
- emptywheel, Rather than Vetting Palin, McCain Will Orchestrate a Cover-Up of Her Abuse of Power
- Eye on Miami, McCain and Palin: “being there” and under any circumstances, do not meet the press… by gimleteye
- Joe Klein, Swampland (TIME), No, Actually, It's that the Economy is Falling Apart
- brownsox, Kos, It's Not That John McCain Doesn't Get It, It's That He Just Doesn't Care
- David Lightman and Matt Stearns, McClatchy Newspapers, McCain's history of hot temper raises concerns; see also Crooks & Liars, McClatchy, WaPo and Romney Warn About McCain’s Out of Control Temper
- Jim Moore, “The mission of the Palin candidacy is to inject sarcasm, hate, poisonous invective into the US Presidential Campaign.”
- NYT Editorial, John McCain’s Energy Follies
- Crooks & Liars, McCain surrenders GOP Party Platform. Includes Palin’s hard lined stance on Abortion
- AP via MSNBC, Palin church promotes conversion of gays: VP candidate hasn't expressed views on 'pray away the gay' movement
- Priceless Daily Show Clip (I): John McCain's Big Acceptance Speech
- Priceless Daily Show Clip (II): John McCain: Reformed Maverick
- Scholars & Rogues, If she’s a feminist, we should be able to ask who cares for Sarah Palin’s kids
- TRex, SOS! — “How do YOU clean stubborn spots off your resume?”
- HuffPo, 'Thrown Away Flags' Story False, Dem Convention Official Says
- Palin in Hiding: Political Animal, No interviews for you
- Mark Fiore, Fun with John and Sarah
- TPM, Meme Taking Hold?
- Steve Clemons, The Washington Note, Well Why Then Did Sarah Palin Try to Fire the Small Town Librarian?
- Fred Clark, Slacktivist, Church & state
- HuffPo, Exclusive: MAD Magazine's Election Coverage, Sarah Palin Edition
- Bob Herbert, NYT, Running from Reality
- Eye on Miami, The Non-Profit “Defenders of Wildlife” are not “Wild” About Sarah Palin. By Geniusofdespair
- Saul Friedman, Watchdog Blog, McCain’s Choice of Palin Has Made His Age an Issue
- DeLong, Yet Another Reason John McCain Should Not Be President
- Needlenose, John McCain: Aspiring to be our next vanity president
- Kevin Drum, Palin and the Press
- TalkLeft, Jewish Group Launches Online Campaign Against McCain/Palin
- Informed Comment, Palin Watch
- Sounds like obstruction of justice? Reed Hunt at TPM Cafe puts the question more delicately but still… See Lawyers, Troopergate, and Questions
- Kevin Hayden, When will the coverups end? Ask John McCain
- Crooks & Liars, Troopergate: A devastating exposé
- TPM, Obstruction & Delicate Dance
- ABC News: Investigation into Palin Now on Fast Track
- Anchorage Daily News, Palin's stall: Governor is stonewalling the Troopergate investigation
- Political Animal, Stonewalling in Alaska
- Alaska Lawmakers to Seek Subpoenas in Palin Inquiry
- TalkLeft, Alasks Daily News Editorial: Palin Should Stop Stonewalling on TrooperGate
- Really Funny (also sad and sadder): Hunter, Kos, McCain Winning Coveted “Stock Photos” Demographic? (not unrelated incompetence: Crooks & LiarsMcCain’s Convention Backdrop Epic Fail
- AFL-CIO, McCain-Palin: Still Offering Nothing for Working Families
- Crooks & Liars, Sarah Palin Slashed Funding For Teen Pregnancy Programs
- Political Animal, That's not waffling you can believe in
- Making Light, I knew John McCain was hot for more wars, but—
- David Brin, Some Things Palin Comparison
- Political Animal, The bogus eBay story; also Mark Adams, The American Street, I Know That eBay Plane Is No Big Deal (but…); Susan Crawford, She didn’t sell the plane on eBay
- Crooks & Liars, Steinem: Sarah Palin “Shares Nothing But A Chromosome” With Hillary
- Political Animal, Comparisons
- Joe Biden on Fire:
- Lobbyists for McCain (formerly Billionaires for Bush) go to the RNC to hand out “Proud Bush-McCain Republican” stickers to delegates and dignitaries. Hilarity ensues.
- Carla Axtman, Blue Oregon, On Sarah Palin, family values and me.
- Political Animal does a fact check on McCain's speech's two lines about healthcare. Two lines, two lies.
- Sandy Levinson, Rolling the “legacy” dice with John McCain
- Crooks & Liars, GOP Platform Bucks McCain, Backs Palin on Abortion
- Major Garrett, Fox News [!] Blogs, Does John McCain Have a Tax Problem? Answer: Probably
- Daniel Solove, Experience and the Presidency
- Kevin Drum, McCain's Character
- Daily Howler, WITTGENSTEIN’S CHALLENGE! When two fact-checkers fact-checked Palin, we saw why Republicans lie
- Political Animal, The ambiguities of 'reform'
- Brian Tamanaha, The Promise Conservatives Expect McCain To Break: Appointing Judges Who Won't Legislate
- DeLong, Palin Leaves Campaign Trail. Flees North…
- Crooks & Liars, A Visibly Upset Keith Olbermann Castigates RNC 9/11 “Tribute” Video
- Kos, McCain weeps for real estate investors
- CNN Political Ticker: Heart condemns McCain-Palin use of “Barracuda”
- People For the American Way, Right Wing Watch, Bauer Exposes McCain Campaign's Hand's On Role in Crafting GOP Platform
- Crooks & Liars, Colbert Annihilates Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin
- Kos, eBay Jet Sale? Didn't Happen
- Rick Hills, The Emir of Alaska?
- Crooks & Liars, Jeffrey Toobin: I’m not gonna lie, McCain was “shockingly bad”
- Crooks & Liars (and half of the rest of the world), Tom Ridge: “John Bush… err… John McCain is his own man”
- Get Energy Smart! NOW!!!, Sarah “Energy Expert” Palin
- Dependable Renegade, has a great observation:
Hmm. Maybe not the best idea for the candidate nicknamed “McBush”.