Seems Democrats were busy with something or other the past few days.
- Kevin Hayden, Quote of the day from mild-mannered Clark Kent-ish guy:
“There isn’t a Republican serving in the Senate that’s happy he’s the nominee. Now, they’re all supporting him, but I’ll tell you they have told me. I’ve had Republican senators tell me they don’t think they’ll vote for him,” Reid said.
- Juan Cole, Informed Comment, McCain: Iraq is a Peaceful, Stable Country
- TPM, Still Hope
If you're bummed about not getting a ticket to watch the Obama speech at the Invesco Center, you'll be happy to know they're still giving away tickets for John McCain's veep announcement tomorrow at the aptly-named 12,000 seat Nutter Center.
- AFL-CIO, Welcome to Ohio, John McCain!
- Crooks & Liars, It’s Not Just McCain, It’s Republicanism
- US Magazine (!), Cindy McCain's half sister: “I'm voting for Obama”
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind
- This: McCain’s solution to health care crisis: Redefine “uninsured” (via Crooks & Liars) … leads to this: Digby: “Another day, another McCain advisor thrown under the bus for accidentally telling the truth about his candidate's indifference to the struggles of ordinary Americans.”
- McCain's Million Dollar Parking Lot
- Fred Clark, 1989: A reminder
- Crooks & Liars, Richard Dreyfuss Calls Out Bush, McCain and their “Corrupt” Republican Party
- Brian Schweitzer's evisceration of McCain at the DNC
(He's a pretty interesting guy, by the way. See Kos, Three Schweitzer stories)
- Batocchio at Hullabaloo, McCain POW Bingo
- Senator Clinton on the twins in the twin city
- kath25, Kos, John McCain : No Choice for Women
- Via Crooks & Liars, Daily Show: Howard Dean goes “inside John McCain’s brain”
- Also via Crooks & Liars, Sen Kerry Blasts McCain: “Let’s compare Senator McCain and Candidate McCain”
- Again, Crooks & Liars, John McCain’s Evolution on Abortion
- DeLong, Morning Coffee: Why McCain's Health Reform Plans Frighten Me (August 25, 2008)
- TPM, Puffed-Up Hypocrite Watch
- smintheus at Kos, Stupid Republican VP tricks
- TPMTVMcCain on Houses Gaffe: I Was a POW (used to be that he said it was a subject he didn't like t bring up…)
- Obama Campaign, “Don't Know Much” TV Ad
- Via Needlnose, McCain’s Vice-President Announcement:
- McCain's Respectful Campaign
- “Roger Ailes” writes,
The McCain campaign keeps emphasizing that McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam, as proof of his qualification for the Presidency.
Well, so was Gary Glitter, and I'm not voting for him either.
- Progressiveaccountability.org, Media Fact Check: McCain’s Houses. McCain — and some news outlets — say four. “CORRECT ANSWER: McCain Owns At Least Ten Properties Worth $13,823,269.”
- Jed Report, 007: GoldenMansion, starring John McCain:
- Lindsay Beyerstein, All the Pretty Houses (Part II): Lifestyles of the Rich & Befuddled
- Obama Ad, Out of Touch:
- Get Energy Smart! NOW!!!, Get Energy Smart! NOW!!! » Blog Archive » Calculating John's Housing Carbon Footprint …
[More or less reverse chronological order this week — the newest thing first instead of last]