Green Cove Springs Florida (population 5,547) is just south of Jacksonville. It's a looong way from here, but it's not in the very northwest part of Florida, the western panhandle, which is culturally Alabama. So I would have expected just a little more enlightenment than it apparently has.
Green Cove enjoys a school administrator who won't allow a woman to appear in a school yearbook in a tuxedo. Because she's gay.
Rule are rules. Especially when made up on the spot (there are no written dress code rules in Green Cove regarding year book pictures).
Other top stories today in the Green Cove news:
- Police Nab Jacksonville Beach Man in Sex Sting
- Deputies: Clay County affordable housing official stole $40,000
- Two Indicted in Slaying of Grandmother
- One Charged, Brother Wanted For Putnam Attempted Murder
Amazon.com #1 bestseller for Green Cove this week
- A National Party No More by Zell Miller
Well, if Zell Miller, king of the hate-fest, is their kind of guy, it all starts to make sense….