A Florida professor was arrested and removed from a plane Monday after his fellow passengers alerted crew members they thought he had a suspicious package in the overhead compartment.
That “suspicious package” turned out to be keys, a bagel with cream cheese and a hat.
Ognjen Milatovic, 35, was flying from Boston to Washington D.C.on US Airways when he was escorted off the plane for disorderly conduct following the incident.
When confronted by the US Airways crew about his “suspicious package,” Milatovic got on his cell phone. The crew asked him to hang it up and sit down. When he refused, he was cuffed.
Milatovic was also charged with interfering with the operation of an aircraft.
Call for Papers is now closed.
- Ambrose Mnemopolous on Judge Leon Rules that NSA Bulk Telphony Meta-Data Collection Program is Likely Unconstitutional (Updated)
- Earl Killian on Why the Budget Deal is Awful, in One Chart
- Michael Froomkin on Hoovernomics Explains the Economy
- John on Hoovernomics Explains the Economy
- Kevin Hayden on Hoovernomics Explains the Economy