Several people have suggested that I should somehow identify some past blog posts for new readers, a sort of ‘greatest hits’. Perhaps I should just point people to the ‘Torture’ category and leave it at that, but here (in alphabetical order) is a first cut at a representative list of posts I think I’d be happy to have a new reader look at, ranging from funny to grim.
- America Needs You, Harry Truman (2005)
- Apologia Pro Tormento: Analyzing the First 56 Pages of the Walker Working Group Report (aka the Torture Memo) (2004)
- A Constitutional Law Scavenger Hunt With A Serious Purpose (2005)
- Do Our Graduates Have Jobs? What Are They Making? (2010)
- Guantanamo: Our Collective Shame (2003)
- There is Hope for Us All (2004)
- Of Pigs and the Ballot Box (2003)
- OLC’s Aug. 1, 2002 Torture Memo (“the Bybee Memo”) (2004)
- Rose Burawoy, Political Scientist (2003) (my first real post)
- Ten Reasons Why You Should Teach Here — And Three Why You Shouldn’t (v. 4.0) (2010)
- The Walt Disney Company Standards of Business Conduct Illustrated (2006)
- What Belongs on the Faculty Desktop? (2004)
- When Bad Taste Is Acceptable (2004)
- Who Will Run Against Ros-Lehtinen? (All Politics Is Local) (2005)
- Why I Do Not Have a Treadmill (Sears Can’t Deliver) (2012)
- Why I Write ‘Legal Scholarship’ (2005)
- Yoo Unrepentant (2004)
Odd that so many cluster at the end of the alphabet.
In the event anyone cares, I welcome nominations for additions to the list.
Most recently amended on Feb. 5, 2013