Since I'm in the UK on a slow link, here's a linkdump:
- Brad DeLong links to a cautionary tale about how Bush policies are fostering American decline.
- The NYT gets around to writing an explainer about how the Yee prosecution could go so wrong. Bottom line: bigotry and stupidity in the military, seasoned with unsubstantiated rumors produced by the FBI. Add prosecutorial incompetence, remove due process, and voila! The dark side of military justice is balanced by the sterling efforts of the lawyers representing incarcarated at Guantanamo.
- Want perspective. Try this story about Tihun Nebiyu, a seven-year-old Ethiopian girl being forced to marry.
- The German language apparently suffers from an English invasion, producing “Denglish”.
- Techie fun. Coke machine hacks and peronalized M&Ms and online PDF conversion tools, all via boingboing.
- News about the Open Office 2.0 preview release.